Internet Marketing Tips
The internet is full of Internet Marketing tips on websites like this – some of them great and others recycled and now out of date. So how do you, as a new internet marketer, know which tips will help you get on top of the business that has made so many men and women really rich?
Well I don’t have all the answers – obviously!!! I thought I’d try to pull together a couple of simple tips that I try to follow. Hopefully they will help you focus on and perfect your own internet marketing strategies.
Internet Marketing Tips 101
Success on the internet starts and ends with your audience and more importantly, how you approach them. Therefore before you can do anything else, you need to do some research and understand your audience and their niche.
* Niche Research – Niche research involves getting to know who your potential customers are. I know I’ve said it before but use sites like Amazon and Clickbank to see what’s hot. You can review good products that are selling well. On Amazon, you can find products and niches based on how many reviews a product has. More than 20 reviews will mean that thousands of copies must have been purchased since only a very few bother to write a review.
Additionally, you can visit forums and blogs where industry experts gather to share with other interested readers. You need to learn the terms and the needs of your target audience so that you can speak to your audience in terms they are comfortable with.
* Keyword Research – Keyword research is probably the most ignored aspect of online money making. One of the best internet marketing tips I can give you is to spend as much time as possible learning about keywords from tools like Traffic Travis and running through them in AdWords or competition searches. Know the phrases you should target well.
Internet Marketing Tips for Your Website
Once you’ve got a good idea of what your niche, audience and even products will be, it’s time to start creating websites to market those products. There are many different sites you can build – from blogs to forums to squeeze pages or full blown sales letters – and though they all have slightly different marketing tactics associated with each type they all have a basic requirement that you communicate and CONNECT with your audience.
* Learn the Basics of Sales Copy Writing – Whether you’re writing 150 word squeeze page with a few bullet points or a 10,000 word sales letter, you should learn the basics of effective sales writing to influence and entice your readers to follow your calls to action. There are a dozen proven methods that you should use to generate interest in your product – from powerful headlines to promoting the benefits rather than the features of a product, from carefully worded guarantees to irresistible bonus offers, etc.
* Email Marketing – One of the most important Internet Marketing tips you’ll ever receive is to setup an account with an autoresponder service like AWeber or GetResponse and start gathering email addresses from within your niche. You should do this whether you are promoting your own products or other peoples as an Affiliate Marketer. Offer a useful newsletter or some other enticing free offer and have a subscription form on your squeeze page or your website. For example 7 day free mini-course or a free report are both good ways to attract subscribers whom you can contact later to make sales pitches.
The most important part of any marketing campaign is to get traffic to your site. You can obviously pay for that with Pay-Per-Click (PPC) traffic or you can get traffic organically with good SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) and good back-links from other sites.
* Viral and Social Marketing – To generate interest, you must saturate the Internet with content that points back to you – these are known as back-links. Use social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Digg, and YouTube to place interesting content that your readers will follow – have links on all these locations back to your main website. You can also manage a blog site (like this one) in order to create an authority destination that people want to visit to get good and valuable information.
* Back Link Generation – Most Internet marketing tips will tell you to submit articles to directories for back links and post on forums or blogs with comments. However an advanced tactic is to find other websites specifically with high Page Ranking (PR) and “follow” links where you can post a comment or an article, etc with a link back to your site. There are tools such as SEO Quake which can identify these sites and other like government sites or directories that you can get listed on as well.
The ultimate goal of any Internet Marketing campaign is to understand your niche, reach your chosen audience, and then funnel as many of those people as possible back to your site where they can buy your products or at a minimum join your list.
Once you’ve mastered those basics, you’ll be well on your way to having your own internet marketing success.